- Capital : London
- Currency : Pound
- Language : English
- Major Cities : London, Birmingham, Manchester, Bristol
- Major Intake : January, February, September, October
The United Kingdom is a developed country and has the world’s fifth largest economy by nominal GDP and ninth largest economy by purchasing power parity. The UK institutions consistently rank among the best in the world and qualifications are internationally valued and recognized. UK institutions offer flexibility of choice and enable you to blend academic and vocational courses of your choice. The teaching and study methodology used in the UK give you the freedom to be creative and develop skills sets and confidence. UK degrees can be tailored to your interests and often include specialized modules. The UK is the home of English hence an ideal place to develop language skills and enhance employment prospects.
Famous Places to Visit
- Medieval York
- The University Towns of Cambridge & Oxford
- Liverpool and Manchester
Why study in UK
- Internationally Recognized Universities: UK higher education and qualifications have a remarkable international reputation and the UK degree is recognized by global universities, top employers and government bodies.
- Quality Education: Many countries would like to follow the UK’s education system, as its quality is considered as the best in the world.
- Unique Culture:The unrivalled cultural diversity of life in UK gives you the chance to experience a multicultural environment, meet fellow international students and develop a range of skills that are necessary to be part of today’s global workforce.
- Support System:International student societies besides organizing parties, conducting events, planning activities and outing help in your bad days, giving advice to personal problems and assists you.
Cost of Study for International Students
- Foundation Course: 5000 pound to 6000 pound per year
- Bachelor’s Course: 8000 pound and above per year
- Master’s Course: 10000 pound and above per year
Other Expenses for International Students
- Average Living Expenses: 800 pound to 1000 pound per month
- Transportation Cost: 100 pound to 120 pound per month
Popular Courses in UK
- BSc (Hons) Computer Network and Wed Design
- MSc International Business Economics
- MA Human Resource Management
- MSc/ PG Diploma Biomedical Science
- MSc Logistics And Supply Chain Management
- BA Hons Advertising, Public Relations and Media
- BA Hons 3D Animation and Games
- BSc Hons Biology (Biotechnology)
Levels of Study
- Foundation programs: 1 year Duration
- Bachelor’s degree program: 3 to 4 years Duration
- Master´s degree program: 1 to 2 years Duration
List of Universities/College
- University of West of England
- University of Portsmouth
- University of Chester
- Middlesex University
- University of Bedfordshire
- University of South Wales
- University of Bolton
- University of East London
There are hundreds of jobs and work experience opportunities for students and graduates in London. International students who study a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate degree course at a recognized university are allowed to work part-time during term term for up to 20 hours a week and full-time during the holidays. There are thousands of part-time student jobs in London to help support your studies. Many universities have careers and work placement centers to help you find employment. You can work up to 10 hours a week if you are studying a course that is below degree level at a Higher Education Institution (HEI) and also if you have immigration permission as a Tier 4 (Child) Student and you are at least 16 years old.
Tier 5 Temporary Worker visa allows you to work in the UK for up to 12 or 24 months (depending on the scheme you’re applying for). International students in the UK can apply for the Tier 5 (Government Authorized Exchange) visa to undertake work experience and internships in the UK after their studies. You can apply to switch from your Tier 4 visa to this visa from within the UK.