- Capital : Abu Dhabi
- Currency : Dirham
- Language : Arabic
- Major Cities : Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Ajman, Dibba, Fujairah
- Major Intake : January, May, July, August, September, November
Dubai is located on the Eastern coast of the Arabian Peninsula, in the south west corner of the Arabian Gulf. It is extremely well known for its warm hospitality and rich cultural heritage, and the Emirati people are welcoming and generous in their approach to visitors. With year-round sunshine, intriguing deserts, beautiful beaches, luxurious hotels and shopping malls, fascinating heritage attractions and a thriving business community, Dubai receives millions of leisure and business visitors each year from around the world.
Famous Places to Visit
- Burj Khalifa
- Burj Al Arab Jumeirah
- The Dubai Mall
- Palm Islands
- The Dubai Fountain
Why study in Dubai
- Growing Economy: Dubai is among the top five fastest growing economies in the world. Its economic growth is fuelled by growing trade and tourism and presents great work opportunities for students to get jobs after completing their studies in the city.
- Try something off the beaten track: Academic destinations like the UK, USA and Australia are old hands, and therefore there isn’t much to discover for the international student. But Dubai is bristling with possibilities.
- Dubai has a number of reputed universities: There are a range of study abroad opportunities, from large public universities to small private colleges, and everything in between. For example, the American University of Sharjah (AUS) is accredited jointly by MOHESR and by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools in the US. Not only that, but AUS’s individual programs are accredited to the “gold-standard” within the US system (i.e. AACSB, ABET, and NAAB).
Cost of Study for International Students
- Bachelor’s Degree: 42000 AED per year
- PG Diploma: 30000 AED per year
- Master’s Degree: 35000 AED per year
Other Expenses for International Students
- Average Living Expenses: 3400 AED per month
- Transportation Cost: 360 AED per month
Popular Courses in Dubai
- Postgraduate Diploma in Logistics & Supply Chain
- Postgraduate Diploma in Corporate Communication
- BA Humanities
- B. Tech Engineering
- MBA Global Business
- BSC Forensic Science
Levels of Study
- PG Diploma: 1 year
- Bachelor’s program: 3 years
- Master´s programs: 2 years
List of Universities/College
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education
With recent changes to the job opportunities for international students, to get a work permit, the student needs to get in touch with the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Labour Department provided he/she has sponsorship from the University, which will allow them to work in Dubai, part-time. On-campus jobs in Dubai are a new addition to the job sector for international students. Many universities provide job opportunities to students in libraries, different departments of the university and in administration as well.